International Coastal Cleanup
The International Coastal Cleanup is a popular, fun and highly visible event in Martin County. Held on the third Saturday of September each year and spearheaded by the Ocean Conservancy, the International Coastal Cleanup is the most recognized cleanup event in the world.
Hundreds of thousands of people across the globe come together on the same day to remove trash and debris from beaches and waterways. The event creates international visibility, raises public awareness about poor waste management practices, and inspires people to become better stewards of our environment.
The purpose of the cleanup is to engage people around the world, to identify the sources of the litter, and to change the behaviors that cause pollution.
Keep Martin Beautiful is the local coordinator of the International Cleanup. Each year, thousands of volunteers in Martin County beautify our beaches and coastlines by removing unsightly debris. We are also able to help protect birds and marine life by reducing the likelihood that these innocent creatures will become injured or entangled in plastics or ingest deadly debris.
Volunteers are always needed and are provided with trash bags, gloves, and other cleanup supplies.
We encourage volunteers to make even more of an impact by using the Clean Swell Reporting App! This Ocean Conservancy app allows you to:
- share your cleanup results and impact with friends via Facebook, Twitter, and email
- track your total distance cleaned
- see the total weight of the trash you collect
- keep a historical record of your cleanup efforts
- create ocean trash solutions by contributing to a global database and helping to identify trends
- learn scientific facts about the impact of trash on ocean animals and what you can do to help.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this popular event.
For more information contact us at 772-781-1222 or firstname.lastname@example.org.